Looking for a way to run Sage 50 on Mac Device? No worries, read this blog to find out the best solution possible. There are different options that you can go with to get Sage for Mac devices. We have discussed the most beneficial and easy ones in this blog.
Table of Contents
What are the Advantages of Using Sage 50 for Mac?
Firstly let’s understand the advantage of using the Sage for Mac as a business owner.
- When you select Sage, it gives you the option to host other Software like Payroll, CRM, etc, as well.
- You will also get a calendar reminder option, which you use to set up the backup with minimum effort, i.e., you don’t have to send it here and there.
- Obtain all the important reports on the dashboard in just a single click.
- It tracks your profits and purchase orders and store data online with the help of Cloud Hosting.
- Apart from that, you can also add various locations, outsource your Bookkeeping, and access the Software from any location and time, as per your need.
How can you Download Sage For Mac?
Now, to run the Sage 50 Software for Mac device, you first have to download and install it. It is a straightforward task that will provide you access to numerous features.
Note: The average time required to download Sage 50 for Mac is around 35 minutes.
1.Boot Camp :- Users have the option to utilize the Boot Camp app. This will download the windows on their operating System through a partition on their hard disc. This will permit the user to access the Sage 50 Mac devices.
2.Parallels :- The Parallels in the Desktop runs on all the operating systems separately. The downloading process of the Software is really easy. Once you download the Software, you can download Windows 10 effortlessly using it. Mac will then install the Sage Software and utilize it as a separate Desktop.
3.VMware :- Alternatively, you can also try the VMware Fusion tool to allow Mac users to install Windows and another operating system along with Mac OS in your System. After that run Sage for Mac without any problem.
How to Install Sage 50 on Operating System Mac OS X?
Once you are done with installing the Software, it is time to install Sage 50 for Mac. To do that, there are a few other things that you must have to utilize.
- Us the Tigerware to download SageMath.
- In your Docs Sage Installation folder, launch the Downloads Folder.
- Now Sage software will appear on your Screen.
- Access the Software by pressing Shift+Command +A.
- Now in the Program folder, you have to copy the Sage application.
- Once copied, the installation will be complete.
How can you Install and Run Sage on an Apple Mac on Windows 10?
Sage 50 uses Windows as a compatible operating system. It is an accounting software that runs on all operating systems that have an Internet Browser. Sage 50 Accounts, Sage 50 Payroll, and Sage Instant Accounts are a few software that is compatible with Windows.
However, if you want to use it on Mac, then install Windows on Mac, MacBooks, MacBooks Pros, Mac books Airs, etc., using the Same Mac OS X operating system.
What are the ways to Install Windows 10 on a Mac device?
With the help of Boot Camp, users can install Windows on a Mac device. Sage will also support different Software that is running in a Boot Camp Environment. You can utilize Boot Camp Assistance to install Windows on your Mac.
1.Verify your Secure Boot Settings
You have to verify your Secure Boot Settings. Remember, the default Secure Boot settings are fully Secure. However, if you have made any modifications and changed it to No Security, then you have to change it again to the Full Security option before installing Windows.
Any of the Secure Boot Settings can be accessed on the Mac once the Windows has been installed without affecting the ability to launch Windows.
2.Utilize the Boot Camp Assistance to Make a Windows Partition
Now you have to launch the Utilities Folder in the App folder and choose Boot Camp Assistance. Thereafter you have to follow the pointers available on your Screen.
- In case a USB Disk is needed, you have to connect your USB Flash Drive to the Mac. It will then be utilized by Boot Camp Assistance to create a Bootable USB Disk for the Windows installation.
Note: You must remember that your System must have minimum storage space, as prompted in the last step. This is so because you can’t change the size later.
3.Format the Windows Partition (BOOTCAMP)
The Mac will then restarts the Windows installation once the Boot Camp installation is finally done. Choose the BOOTCAMP partition and hit its Format in case the installer prompts you to select a location to install the windows. However, almost all the time, the installer selects and formats the BOOTCAMP partition on its own.
4.Install Windows on Mac
While installing Windows, unplug all the external devices that are not important. Thereafter, hit the Next tab, and follow the instructions present on your Screen to initiate the Windows installation.
5.Utilize the Boot Camp Installer in Windows
Once the Windows installation is completed, the Mac starts up in Windows, and you will receive a display message that states, “Welcome to the Boot Camp installer” Windows. Now to install the Boot Camp and Windows support software (drivers), stick to the on-screen directions, and you will reach the restart prompt.
- If the Boot Camp installer never started by itself, manually launch the Boot Camp installer and utilize it to Finish installing Boot Camp.
- While installing, in case the external display is plugged into a Thunderbolt 3 port on your Mac, the Screen will be blank for around 2 mins or more.
What Operating Systems that works well will Sage Software?
The Apple Macs, including iMac, Mac Pro, Mac Book Air, and Mac Book Pro, runs on the Mac OS X operating system. Whereas the run and install any the versions of Sage software, you must have Windows operating system. So in such case, it is impossible to use the Sage software on Mac. But with the introduction of Boot Camp, it is now easier for you to access the Sage for Mac.
Compatible Operating System
|1. Sage Business Cloud Accounting (Sage One)||Any operating system that has an Internet browser|
|2. Sage 50cloud Accounts||Windows only|
|3. Sage 50 Accounts||Windows only|
|4. Sage 50cloud Accounts Essentials||Windows only|
|5. Sage Instant Accounts / Sage 50 Accounts Essentials||Windows only|
|6. Sage 50cloud Payroll||Windows only|
|7. Sage Instant Payroll||Windows only|
|8. Sage Quickpay||Windows only|
|9. Sage Payroll Ireland||Windows only|
|10. Sage 50 HR||Windows only|
What are the Steps to Install Sage 50 for Mac using the Parallels?
If you want to access the Sage for Mac via Parallels, then you first have to install the Parallels on your Mac.
- Initially, sign up for the Parallels My Account option, and download the setup for the Parallels desktop.
- After that, double-click on the setup file using the .dmg extension and select the Install button.
- Finally, accept the Terms & Conditions of the Parallels Software License Agreement, and enter a password for your Mac Account.
Thereafter Configure Parallels Desktop on Mac, and once it is done, head to the installation of Sage for Mac.
- In the beginning, start Parallels, and log into the Windows account as an Admin.
- Thereafter download and install the dependencies for Sage 50.
- .NET Framework
- Adobe PDF reader
- Microsoft Office or Open Office
- Next, double-tap on the Sage 50 Setup file to start the installation, select Turn off the Antivirus, and hit the Next button.
- Now, agree to the Terms and Condition page, and tap on Next.
- Select the Auto Configure Windows Firewall to allow installation and run the Sage 50 button, and hit Next.
- Provide your Serial number and other required details to activate your Software and hit Next.
- Select your Directory, tap on Install, and restart your System after installation of Sage 50.
At this point, we end our guide on accessing Sage for Mac. In case you need any expert advice, simply get in touch with our Sage 50 professionals using the Sage Live chat Support option. These Professionals are available around the clock to help Sage customers in resolving their problems. Thus feel free to contact them any time of the day.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Question 1: Can you use Sage 50 for Mac?
Answer: Sage is cloud-based software, which means it is compatible with almost all devices, but remember to utilize the software you have must have.
- Boot Camp
- VMware or,
- downloaded to your device.
Question 2: Does Sage 50 work with Parallels?
Answer: In case you are wondering if Sage 50 is compatible with Parallels, then yes, it is. Simply download Parallels, then install Sage 50 and use it smoothly on whatever device you want.
Question 3: Is it possible to access Sage 50 on different computers?
Answer: If your Computer fulfills the System requirement needed to download Sage 50, then it can be used easily.