In a short span of time, Sage has gained a lot of popularity as an accounting software across the globe. The accounting application is specially designed to cater to the financial needs of small and medium size industries. A wide variety of features, such as accounts payable and receivable, financial reporting, inventory management, and payroll, attract SMBs. However, in spite of being the popular accounting software, in certain instances, it begins to show several bugs and technical glitches such as Sage 50 Error 20005. As the error is associated with the payment inside the application, it must be resolved immediately.
Are you unable to get rid of sage error code 20005? If Yes, dial +1(833) 561-0071 and speak to our specialist.
In case you are facing the same issue and are not aware of the solution, then this piece of content is for you only. Here, in this blog, we are going to discuss the error, its causes, its prominent symptoms, and the effective remedies to cure the error. Let us begin.
Table of Contents
What is Sage 50 error code 20005?
The 50 error code 20005 is related to the payment transaction error. The occurrence of this error simply means that the bank has declined this particular transaction. Whenever the error occurs, the user receives an error window stating, “Decline code 20005: Do Not Honor.” There can be various reasons that trigger this error. Below in this blog, we have mentioned all the possible causes. Though, one of the possible causes is the insufficient funds in your bank accounts. If you have encountered such an issue, then it is advised not to make any transaction within 24 hours after your initial transaction is declined.
What are the Most Possible Reasons for Occurrence of Sage 50 20005?
If you have received the Sage 50 20005 error message, then there might be several reasons that are behind the occurrence of this error. Below, we have mentioned some of the most common yet prominent reasons for this error.
- The incorrect or incomplete credit card details.
- The card reader is faulty.
- The credit card is expired or blocked.
- There is a connectivity issue.
- A virus or malware has infected your system.
Symptoms to Identify Sage 50 error 20005
Before fixing the error, it is necessary to identify the error first. If you are not sure about the error, take the help of the below-mentioned points to identify the error correctly.
- The application stops working.
- An error window appears on the user’s screen.
- The transaction cannot be completed by you.
- The active window of the system crashes.
Easy Solutions to Fix Sage Error 20005
Identification of the error is highly important. The proper identification of the error saves your time as there is no need to perform the hit and trial method. Once you have identified the error, you can easily fix the issue. There are a couple of solutions that help you in fixing the error.
Solution 1: Create Rules for the Windows Firewall
You can resolve the problem by creating new rules for the Windows firewalls. If you are not sure about the steps, then do take the help from the below-mentioned steps.
- Tap on the start button and type windows defender firewall with Advanced settings and press the enter key.
- Moving further, tap on the inbound rules and enter the port accessed by the payment gateways.
- Provide a suitable name for the inbound rules.
- Further, tap on the save button.
- Use the above-mentioned steps to create the outbound rules.
- Once done, you can easily make payments without any problem.
Solution 2: Disable the Firewalls
If you are still unable to resolve the issue with the above-mentioned method, then you can fix the error by disabling the Windows firewalls. Though, it is advisable not to disable the firewalls permanently as it makes your system vulnerable to cyber security threats. However, you can disable them for a short period of time and then enable them again.
In case you are not aware of the process, then take the help of the below-cited steps to disable the firewalls and fix the problem.
- Log into your windows by using your admin credentials.
- Now, open the control panel of your system and then select the Windows firewalls.
- Moving ahead, tap on the change firewall settings and then pick the disable firewall option.
- To make the changes visible, press the OK button.
- Also, do not forget to disable the antivirus program.
- Hopefully, your issue is resolved.
Solution 3: Update the Software to the Latest Release
There are chances that you are using an older version of the application, ultimately triggering sage error 20005. You can easily resolve the error by upgrading the application to the latest release. In case you are not sure about the upgrade process, then go through the below-mentioned steps:
- Right-click on the Sage 50 application and choose the option to run as an administrator.
- Then, select the services option and then the press the updates option.
- Moving further, press the check now button.
- In case any new updates are available, you need to download them on your system by clicking on the download button.
- Once the downloads have been downloaded, you need to install them on your system.
- For that, open the Sage download folder and right-click on the .exe file.
- Select the run as administrator option from the drop-down menu.
- In case a window installer coordinator window appears, press the cancel button. Usually, this window appears behind the Sage window, so make sure you have moved your sage window.
- Continue with the update installation process.
- Once the updates are installed, open the application to check whether the issue is resolved or not.
Solution 4: Check If the Data is correctly imported
In case you have imported the data in the wrong format, then you will surely face this error. You can easily fix the error by importing the data in the correct format. Below, our experts have mentioned the correct procedure to import the data.
Step 1: Look Out What you are Importing
You are ready to import the data. However, you can not import all the data into your Sage 50 account. There are certain limitations. Before importing the data, do check what type of data you are importing. You can import audit trail transactions, bank accounts, customer records, fixed records, nominal accounts, standard budgets, price lists, product records, and more. However, there are certain limitations or exceptions. For more details, do check the Sage official website.
Step 2: Prepare your files
Before importing your data, you need to prepare your data in the correct format. You can easily prepare your data in the. CSV file or the Microsoft Excel file (.Xls or . Xlsx). Usually, Sage supports three ways to prepare your data file.
- Make use of the correct import template.
- Create a new file.
- If there are multiple records in the current data, amend them and then re-import the data.
Step 3: Import Your Data
Once you have prepared your files as per the Sage guidelines, you can easily import the data files. The below-mentioned steps will guide you through the import process.
- Open the Sage application by using your admin credentials.
- After that, tap on the file menu option and then pick the import option from the drop-down list.
- Now, select the type of data you want to import and press the Next button.
- Also, choose the correct type of the data format. Here, keep in mind that the .xls or the .xlsx format is only available when you have a compatible version of Microsoft Excel.
- In case the first row contains the headings, then pick the first row containing the headings check box.
- Choose the file to import and then click the open button.
- If you wish to import multiple worksheets, then select the worksheets from the drop-down lists.
- To link the imported data to the corrected field, choose the relevant fields from the drop-down list.
- Once you have mapped all the required fields, you need to press the next button.
- Now, make sure that the information presented is correct.
- Finally, select the import option.
Find more : Sage 50 Error 3006
To summarize it all, Sage is a popular accounting software that is used to manage the daily accounting task of various small and medium-sized businesses across industries. Though, the application is vulnerable to some errors, such as sage error code 20005. However, you can easily cure the error with the help of the above-mentioned remedies. No doubt, the remedies are highly effective; however, if you are stuck somewhere in the process, you can take the help of our specialist. Explain your problem either on the phone or the email; they will surely help you in fixing your problem.