Facing file system issues due to the Sage 50 3110 error? Don’t stress; we got you! This complete guide will help you effectively solve this Sage 50 error. Well, the error disturbs the user while operating the Sage 50 program as it forces the program to close automatically. As a result, the users fail to perform any of their crucial tasks or Sage-related operations.
Users generally encounter this error due to poor network connection between the Sage server and the workstation. They notice an error message on their screen reading, “File System Error 3110 in SERIAL.DAT.” The error is associated with different factors that can also instigate this issue which we will discuss in this blog. So, let’s begin!
Need professional assistance while dealing with the Sage 50 File System error code 3110? Get in touch with our Sage 50 experts and let the error get rectified immediately. Call us at +1(833) 561-0071.
Table of Contents
What Possible Factors Provoke Sage 50 3110 Error?
The best way to rectify any technical error or bug is to know its root causes. That’s why we have listed a few common factors that are responsible for the Sage 50 3110 error. Have a look and then proceed to troubleshoot the issue.
- As discussed above, the poor or unstable network connection between your Sage workstations and server is one of the major causes of the Sage 50 file system error 3110.
- If your server is restarting, you may face the error code 3110 in your Sage 50 software program.
- Your program can be forced to shut down automatically, resulting in Sage 50 file system error 3110 if you are operating with wireless networks.
- You may come across the file system error code 3110 in your Sage 50 software if you convert the Network Interface Cards (NICs) into hibernation mode.
- Disconnection of the Network router is also one of the basic reasons for facing Sage 50 file system error code 3110.
- When the client or Sage 50 workstation is waiting for a response from the server and suddenly the network timeout, at that time, you may encounter error code 3110 in your Sage 50.
Now as you have learned about the root causes of this stubborn sage 50 error 3110, it’s time to learn the troubleshooting steps to fix this problem permanently.
What Steps to Perform and Solve Sage 50 Error 3110?
We have jotted down some of the easiest troubleshooting steps that you can easily perform. Carefully follow each step and continue:
Troubleshooting Step 1 – Use Command Prompt Window and Restart Pervasive/Actian
Before proceeding with this troubleshooting step to rectify Sage 50 error 3110, you must close your Sage software program. Also, if you are in a multi-user environment, perform this step on your server computer.
- First of all, simultaneously press Windows + R keys to launch the required Run Window. Once it appears, enter “cmd.”
- Once you get the results, hit the Enter button and open the Command prompt.
- Herein, you are required to type “sc stop pillage.” After this, press the Enter button, and now you need to type “sc start pillage” followed by hitting the Enter button.
- Now, shut down the Command Prompt.
Troubleshooting Step 2 – Repair the Main Issue Behind the Error
There are certain issues that are responsible for the error; let’s take a look at the following instructions and perform them to solve the Sage 50 error code 3110.
- To rectify the error code 3110 in Sage 50, first shut down and restart your Sage 50 software program.
- In case the error code 3110 is still visible while working on Sage 50, shut down and restart your entire computer system.
- You must shut down and restart your Sage 50 server if the error is not resolved after shutting down your computer system.
- If you access your file before the missing network connection, your file may become damaged and corrupted. So, make sure you open or access the file in the proper network connection.
After fixing these issues, now move to the next step of this method to permanently get rid of the Sage 50 file system error code 3110.
Troubleshooting Step 3 – Repair your Sage 50 Over the Servers
The Sage 50 error 3110 can occur if there is any glitch over your Sage servers, so let’s look at the below instructions and repair the Sage 50 issues.
- In case you have kept the file in the data path, you need to rename this file and continue to repair your Sage 50 issues over the server.
- Now, if the file is saved in the company data directory, at such times, navigate to the company data directory to delete a few of those files.
- Re-index the file in case it’s not deleted, but you can still open it. If you can neither delete nor can re-index, find a backup of the file and restore the same.
- Also, if you’re unable to open that very company file, you must get a backup of the company file.
- Now, take a look at the next method to successfully end this troubleshooting method.
Troubleshooting Step 4 – Turn OFF the IPv6 and Turn ON the IPv4
In this step, you are required to choose IPv4 for your Windows instead of IPv6. Let’s follow the instructions and continue with the same:
- First of all, to initiate this step, you need to open your Run Window by tapping the Windows + R buttons simultaneously.
- After this, when you get the Run Window on your screen, type HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip6\Parameters.
- Now, you need to search for the Disabled Components option. When you get it, double-click the same. If you fail to get this option, you are required to:
- Search and right-click the Parameters option.
- Now, choose the New alternative followed by selecting the DWORD (32-bit) value.
- Here, you need to mention “Disabled Components” and click the Enter button.
- After this, you need to modify the data value to “20” and “Hexadecimal.” These must be your basic settings for the preference of IPv4 for your Windows.
- Now, when you have made all the changes in your settings, you are required to reboot your computer system.
Troubleshooting Step 5 – Alter the Windows Power Plan Settings
The Sage 50 error 3110 can result from the issues associated with your Windows Power Plan settings, and Sage instructs using the High-Performance Power Plan. Now, follow the below instructions to eliminate the issue:
- Fix the issues with your Damaged network cable connection
- Make sure to reboot your Sage servers
- No interference from any other network software program
- Do not continue working with a weak Wi-Fi signal
- Look into the matter when Network Interface Cards (NIC) send junk data
Let’s Summarize Everything..!
We understand how tough the situation gets to tackle when users face the Sage 50 3110 error in their software file system. Overall, their whole workflow and productivity get disturbed. But, no need to face it anymore! Follow the instructions mentioned above and rectify the issue. If the error is still not leaving your Sage 50 program, it’s good to talk to our professionals. Contact us at +1(833) 561-0071 and reach out to our Sage support experts. Our team will help you get rid of this issue immediately.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1 : How can I stop getting Sage 50 error code 3110?
Answer : Here are the ways to stop getting Sage 50 error code 3110 :
- Verify your network routers and cable plugin
- Check the junk data sent by NIC
- Fix issues with wireless network connection
Question 2 : How to restart pervasive to fix the Sage 50 3011 system file error?
Answer : Ways to restart :
- Firstly, click the Start button and choose Administrative Tools.
- Click the Pervasive PSQL option and click the Stop button from the Action menu.
- Now, hit the Restart button from the Action menu.