It is quite difficult to keep your finance in order, right? But after the introduction of Accounting software, this becomes a bit easy. However, people usually get confused while choosing between QuickBooks and Sage. Both of them are one of the best accounting software, but each has its own pros and cons. So if you want to know more about QuickBooks vs. Sage, keep reading this blog.
Table of Contents
What is QuickBooks?
QuickBooks by Intuit is a Business Accounting platform for all small and medium size businesses. It has been in the market for almost 20 years now. Users admire its features and choose it as classic bookkeeping software. It helps them in managing the records in an organized manner.
It is a well-known accounting software that offers numerous services and a range of financial solutions, like QuickBooks Payroll, QuickBooks Commerce, QuickBooks Online, etc. The Software will do your financial record-making, payroll management, invoices, and other work. But do you know how does it actually works? That is something we will read in this article.
What is Sage?
Sage Accounting is Software for all small business owners. It allows them to track a track on their overall income and expense in different currencies; apart from that, it also manages the invoice and keeps track of the inventories as well.
If we talk about technicalities, then Sage is not an accounting software but an ERP. (Enterprise Resource Planning). If we talk about ERPs, it is a backed system that helps the users in managing their overall business in a better way. It improves communication and streamlines the business as well. It is considered that Sage is designed according to the Requirement of microbusinesses and freelancers who are in search of a platform for organizing their accounts.
Sage vs QuickBooks
Before we talk about the differences between the Sage and QuickBooks software, let’s first understand the similarities:
What are the Similarities between QuickBooks VS Sage 50?
- Both QuickBooks and Sage are entry-level accounting solutions for small businesses.
- These Software are very easy to use.
- Sage and QuickBooks, both of these Softwares, have been in the market for almost 20 years.
- You will have a 30 days period for a free trial of these Softwares as well.
- Both the Software are Budget Friendly.
- With Both QuickBooks and Sage, you will get an option for mobile apps where you can utilize their core functions.
- Core features of these Software are income and expense tracking, invoicing, managing the payment methods, measuring the time, checking the Cash flow, and tracking the mileage and receipts.
What are the Key Differences between Sage 50 vs QuickBooks?
After knowing the similarities, we can move ahead and learn the main differences between Sage Vs. QuickBooks:
- Sage is designed to offer its services to larger organizations.
- Whereas QuickBooks offers its services to small and medium businesses.
- Moreover, Sage also has a feature that offers HR inventory and stock management to its users. In contrast to that, QuickBooks is a simple Accounting and finance management software.
- Sage gives its users an option to get the payment using PayPal or an inbuilt online payment processing system, whereas
- QuickBooks don’t have any option to receive the payment.
- Sage provides its service to many industries, manufacturing and non-profitable ones. On the other hand, QuickBooks Sage offers a separate freelancer plan for self-employed people who are not VAT registered.
- QuickBooks payment details are more transparent than Sage as Sage has multiple pricing tiers that users can access as per their Requirements.
What are the Benefits and Drawbacks of using QuickBooks?
When a user purchase QuickBooks, they get numerous benefits and Drawback that we have discussed in this section of the blog:
Pros of using QuickBooks
- The Software is more Efficient and easy to use.
- It works flexibly with all the third-party applications.
- Users have multiple good accounting options.
- The Financial institute syncs itself automatically.
- QuickBooks offers its users with proper money management and financial reporting features.
- The pricing is also affordable.
- You will have a full suite of all the Bookkeeping tools.
- QuickBooks also provide a Cloud Support option.
Cons of using QuickBooks
- System Crashes sometimes due to the presence of the QuickBooks software.
- Absence of a few key reports for outside accounting.
- At times, users also encounter File Sie issues with QuickBooks.
- There is a limitation in the number of users who can access the Software at a time.
- You have minimum customization options.
- QuickBooks is a shortfall in providing a few business and industry-specific features, including eCommerce, lot tracking, and barcode scanning.
What are the Advantages and Disadvantages of using Sage?
Now that you know the advantages and disadvantages of QuickBooks, we can move further with Sage.
Pros of using Sage Accounting Software
- With Sage, you get the option for Expense Tracking.
- You can easily customize Quotations and invoices as per your need.
- Sage is a Cloud-based Project management software.
- Numerous plans are available to fulfill the basic needs of the users.
- Multiple users can collaborate to work on a single project.
Cons of using Sage Accounting Software
- The Sage interface is not so user-friendly in comparison to QuickBooks.
- The Setup process of the Software is complicated.
- Sage can’t incorporate easily with your business like other accounting software.
What are the Types of Business Industries that utilize QuickBooks?
QuickBooks is made for small businesses or for businesses that are newly introduced in the market. It provides multiple services, including inventory management and introductory accounting solutions. QuickBooks might be your ideal choice if you want to keep your business small only. Various industries utilize QuickBooks for finance management purposes, a few of them are mentioned below:
- If you are in a Medical services
- In case you work in Retail
- If you are in any Legal services
- In case your organization is in Accounting industry
- In case you own a small to mid-sized businesses (SMBs)
- If you are self-employed freelancers
What are the Types of Industries that use Sage?
If you are an owner of a large-scale business or running a strong and powerful industry, Sage is a much better option than QuickBooks. It has multiple features to fulfill the industrial needs. Below we have mentioned the following industries that utilize this software:
- The Construction industry
- Wholesale distribution industry
- Manufacturing industry
- Mid- to large-sized businesses with a large inventory
- Non-profits industry
What are the Different QuickBooks vs Sage Products?
Finally, let’s take a look at the different QuickBooks and Sage products:
Detail about QuickBooks Products:
Since its introduction, every year, QuickBooks has updated its product to make it better and smooth. Uptill, it has multiples with tools on the of the business. We have provided the list of QuickBooks products in this section of the article.
- QuickBooks Pro: It is an affordable accounting software that is designed to assist you in managing regular tasks. It includes payroll, financial reports, and accounts payable.
- QuickBooks Premier: QuickBooks Premier is a little better version than the Pro; it has all the features of the Pro version with powerful capabilities.
- QuickBooks Enterprise: It has all the tools to optimize your business properly from the beginning to the end.
- QuickBooks Accountant: QuickBooks Accountant is designed in such a way that it has all the tools of the previous version along with a special Accountant’s Toolbar Dashboard.
- QuickBooks Online: It must be clear from the name that QuickBooks Online is a browser-based version of QuickBooks. You can easily use it in any system. However, in the online version of the software, you shortfall a few major features.
- QuickBooks Self Employed: The QuickBooks Self employed version is a tax-focused software with numerous accounting benefits. It is mainly designed for freelancers who don’t want major accounting or financial management tools.
Detail about Sage Products
No matter whether you have just started your business or you are an Enterprise level company owner, Sage has a product made for each stage of the business:
Note: The product mentioned as cloud is not actually cloud but Hybrid Solution.
- Sage 50 Cloud Pro: It is a very easy-to-use accounting solution that includes invoicing, receipts making, expense counting, and payments.
- Sage 50cloud Premium: This one offers a few more advanced features than the Sage Pro, including Job costing, serialized inventory, advanced budgeting, etc. But this one is also designed for small businesses only.
- Sage 50 Quantum: Quantum version of the Sage 50 software has quick processing. Apart from this, it also has advanced security and industry-specific features for the manufacturing, construction, and distribution industries.
- Sage 100cloud: A little more advanced and better than Sage 50 cloud, Sage 100 is made for mid-sized businesses. Back then, it was named as, but then its name changed to MAS 90/MAS 200. The software comprises various advanced features as per the industry requirements.
- Sage 300 cloud: Sage 300 is made as per the need of mid-s sized businesses. It works in multiple languages and different currencies. It is designed mainly for retail, manufacturing, and distribution businesses.
- Other than these, there are many other Products offered by Sage. Each of them with their own specification.
- Sage 500
- Sage CRM
- Sage Fixed Assets
- Sage HRMS
- Sage X3
- Sage Intacct
- Sage 100 Contractor
- Sage 300 Construction & Real Estate
Now that we have discussed everything about Sage vs. QuickBooks, it will be easier for you to decide which one will be better. Further, if you want to get some specific information, you can use the live chat option and ask our Sage 50 Support Experts. These Chat experts are available 24*7 to clarify your Queries. Thus, feel free to contact me.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Question 1: Which is easier to use, QuickBooks vs Sage?
Answer: Both QuickBooks and Sage are great software platforms to fulfill accounting needs. However, if you are looking for unlimited users and automated tasks, you must go with Sage. QuickBooks is made for small businesses that need minimal features. But Sage is best for complex Enterprise.
Question 2: Is Sage good for accounting?
Answer: Of course, Sage accounting is a great choice for all businesses that are in search of basic accounting features like bill tracking, invoicing, etc. It is very affordable as well. Moreover, the Sage software also has multi-currency support for users living in different parts of the world.
Question 3: Does Sage allow more than one employee to collaborate on a project?
Answer: Yes, when you choose Sage as an Accounting software, you need to relax. Sage has advanced multiple features, one of them being a multi-user option. It means more than one employee can work on a single project.
Question 4: Which Program is easier to use by the employees Sage vs QuickBooks?
Answer: In case you want easy, user-friendly software, you must choose QuickBooks. It syncs with your Financial institute very easily and works perfectly for all users.