Unable to use Sage 50 in your or the application is not responding or showing the same message. Well, the possible causes for that can be a compatibility issue or you do not have administrator-level privileges with you while running Sage 50. Whatever the reason can be, users with Sage 50 always need assistance to troubleshoot any of the issues they are facing on their system. Here, we are going to discuss all the necessary information related to Sage 50 not responding, including all the causes along with their resolution.
Sage 50 is one of the best accounting applications available for small and medium-scale business enterprises to handle their accounts. Any technical issues with the application where it is not responding can be a big problem as it can hold all the transactions along with other financial operations. Thus it is necessary to troubleshoot all the causes due to which “Sage 50 Not responding” is occurring in your system. Read the article further to learn more about Sage 50 Not Responding.
Table of Contents
Common Causes Why user Receive “Sage 50 Not Responding” Issue
One of the main causes why Sage 50 is not responding while running is that it is not compatible with your system, i.e., your system does not fulfill the minimum specification to install Sage 50. Also, you might be using Windows XP, which is not compatible with Sage 50. Apart from that, various other possible causes for Sage 50 Not Responding issue are listed below:
1.Minimum System Requirement
Your system specification should fulfill the minimum requirement in order to run the Sage 50 application properly. Specifications for Sage 50 are listed below:
- Minimum 2GB RAM (4GB if you have a 64-bit processor).
- A processor of Clock speed 2GHz.
- Free Disk Size Space of 5GB
- The resolution of the screen should be 1024*768 or higher.
- DPI settings should be 125% maximum.
- To know more click Sage 50
2.Slow Network Server
Make sure you have a proper internet connection, due to which the application will not be able to connect properly to the system.
3.Sage 50 is occupied with other tasks
The program is unable to respond due to an already existing auto-enabled function, so it does not respond to any command given on the window.
Possible Scenario when you are receiving Sage 50 Not Responding Issue
Not Responding Issue arises in the following situations:
- Sage 50 shows Not responding in the task Manager
- Whenever you start a backup of your Sage data, you receive a Not Responding Message.
- Receive Not Responding Message while launching Sage Application or have launched the wrong version.
- You might receive “Not Responding” after updating the Sage application in your system.
How to resolve Sage 50 Not Responding Error
Based on the cause due to which Sage 50 is not responding, you can take the following measures to troubleshoot this issue:
1.Run the System with Administrator Privileges:
You need to open the Sage application as the administrator, for which you need to follow the given steps:
- Locate the Sage 50 icon and right-click on it to open Properties which will open a new dialog box on the screen.
- Select the Compatibility Tab. Select the option “Run as Admin.”
- Apply changes and click OK.
2.For Windows XP users, they need to disable the compatibility Mode:
Select the Sage 50 icon and open properties:
- In the Sage 50 icon properties window, select the compatibility tab.
- There you need to uncheck the option marked “Run this program in compatibility mode.”
- Apply and save changes and then click OK.
3.Restart the Sage Database Connection Manager:
You need to restart the Sage application again steps for which are given below:
- Launch the start menu by pressing the Window Button.
- Type Service.msc in it, which will open the Service Management Console with the list of all the service system that is running.
- There, Select the Sage 50 Connection Manager. Right Click on the Sage Connection Manager option and then select Restart.
4.Change the Sage icon after making any update in the Application:
Whenever you make an update in your system, you need to make sure that you have changed the Sage 50 shortcut icon. For that remove, delete the Sage Icon, and from the Sage folder, you can create a new desktop shortcut.
Sage 50 Not Responding when Creating a Backup
Sometimes when you make a backup of all your files related to Sage 50, the “Not Responding” message appears on the screen. The possible reasons for that error are listed below:
- Software is handling some other task due to which it is unable to respond make by the user on the system.
- You do not have enough RAM for the Sage application to work properly.
Resolve Sage 50 Not Responding while making a backup
Possible solutions to resolve this issue are listed below:
- You need to increase the RAM in your system.
- Disable the Antivirus temporarily, as it might have detected Sage 50 as a suspected file and restricted it from running properly.
- Your processor is occupied with other tasks of other applications for which you need to force quit other programs running in the background from the Task Manager.
- Either you can create a backup manually by copy-pasting the data from the Sage 50 folder.
- Check the size of the file, as it might be creating a network issue.
Wrapping it up
From the above discussion, we hope that we have provided all the possible solutions through which you can easily fix the “Sage 50 Not Responding Issue” Although major causes are from the user side, like connectivity, administrator privileges, update issues, and technical issues can be handled with assistance. For that, you can refer to the above-mentioned details. In case you need further assistance, you can reach out to us directly from the number given below or use the live chat option on which our expert will reply within the minimum time possible.
Frequently Asked Questions
Que 1. Why do we receive the message “Sage 50 Not Responding” ?
Ans . Sage 50 Not Responding message comes on the screen when the accounting application does not respond or function properly. Possible causes for this error include:
- Presence of any bug in Sage 50 software or any corrupted files which have damaged Sage 50.
- Other third-party programs like firewalls, antivirus, or any other restrict Sage 50 from working.
- Your system does not fulfill the minimum specification to run Sage 50.
Que 2. How to Fix “Sage 50 Not Responding” Error?
Ans. Various troubleshooting measures to fix Sage 50 Not Responding Error are:
- Force quit other applications running in the background through the Task Manager.
- Update your Sage 50 accounting application to the latest version.
- Uninstall Sage 50 and then download and Reinstall it again with a stable internet connection.
- Scan the Sage 50 application for any corrupted file, malware, or virus.
Que 3. Any precautions I can take to avoid “Sage 50 Not Responding Error.”
Ans . Take the following precautions to avoid Sage 50 Not Responding Error:
- Check your system for the minimum specification required to run Sage 50.
- Update your accounting application to the latest version.
- Do not run so many programs at the same time.
- Avoid opening any heavy file in Sage 50.
Que 4. What to do if Sage 50 Not Responding Error cannot be fixed?
Ans. You need to contact the our Sage 50 support support team. You can also contact us as we provide assistance to resolve any issue you are having with the Sage 50 application.