Sage 50 Payroll is the major utility available to users in the Sage application. With the help of Sage 50, payroll users can manage the salary processing of their employees and handle all the employee records easily. With the new features available in the Sage 50 payroll, a business can easily access their employee data and analyze various aspects related to them, like their performance and many others. Another major advantage of Sage 50 payroll is the easy installation of this software.
However, sometimes users face trouble while updating the Sage 50 payroll utility. Commonly known as Sage 50 Payroll Update Error, the issues occur due to numerous causes, commonly technical glitches either in the Sage application or your system. So, here we are going to list common causes due to which you are receiving Sage 50 Payroll Update Error along with their troubleshooting methods. Read the article further to know to get all the details regarding Sage 50 Payroll Error.
Table of Contents
Possible causes that trigger Sage 50 payroll update error occurs
The Sage 50 Payroll usually occurs when someone tries to install updates in their Sage 50 application. The common reason why there is hindrance while installing updates in the Sage 50 are listed below:
- You do not have provided Administrator Privileges while running the Sage 50 application. Thus, unable to automatically download and install any update related to the Sage 50 payroll.
- Data corruption can be another major cause due to which users receive Sage 50 payroll update errors.
- You might not have updated your Windows operating system, due to which there can be compatibility issues between the Sage 50 and the operating system.
- After downloading the Sage 50 updates, someone has already logged in to the application, thus using the older version, which is hindering the installation process.
- You might have launched the Sage 50 application through the old shortcut.
- While updating or upgrading the Sage application, some files have not been properly modified.
Possible Indication for Sage 50 payroll error
Common indications through which you can detect the occurrence of Sage 50 payroll update Errors are listed below:
- You have downloaded the update but now, unable to install it in the system.
- After the download of the Sage 50 updates, the application is constantly crashing.
- NTFS permission is required by 50 Payroll.
- Users constantly receive the message “Download Failed.”
Various troubleshooting methods to fix Sage 50 payroll error
Based on the root cause which has triggered the Sage 50 Payroll Update Error, various troubleshooting methods can be taken in order to fix it. Before taking any specific troubleshooting measure, there are some common practices that you can take to fix the payroll related errors:
- Run Sage 50 as Administrator.
- Repair the common databases of your system, after which try to download and install any available updates in your system.
- You need to repair the database of the Sage Application in the system. Rename the files related to Sage 50 payroll as .mbd files.
1. Fix Sage Error AUSE004 (Download Failed)
The Sage Error related to downloading can be fixed the troubleshooting any issues created while downloading. For that, take the following measures:
- Check your connectivity; you need to open another website in order to check the connectivity.
- Check proxy settings and make the required changes in order to download and install the updates.
2. Fix Sage Error AUSE005
To fix this one, you need to make sufficient memory space in your system in order to download the install the required updates. For that, check the system’s available space and then check the memory required for downloading the Sage 50 Payroll Update. After that, delete all the unnecessary files and junk-related space in the system.
3. Manually update the Sage 50 Application
It is a common issue of error occurrence when any application automatically downloads and installs the updates. Thus, you can prefer to manually check and install any available or pending update in your Sage Application. The process to manually update the Sage 50 application is listed below:
Check for Pending Updates in the Sage Application
- Open the Sage application, and on the homepage, you can locate the option “Help.”
- Now, select the option “Check for Product Updates” in the drop-down menu.
- In case any update in available, then it will automatically start downloading.
- The update will be installed when you exit the program.
Manually Install/Run the downloaded updates.
In case the updates have been downloaded but cannot be installed, and then you can do that manually. Steps for that are listed below:
- Open the system, and from there, you need to open the following location:
- C:\Users\Public\Public Documents\Sage Software\Simply Accounting\Download
- In the folder, you need to look out for the file SA_201UP.exe
- Double-click on the file in order to run it and start the installation.
Sage 50 customer support
Sage 50 users, in case of any trouble, can connect with the Sage Support Central in order to get assistance for any kind of issue they are having with the Sage Application. To reach Sage Support Central, you need to go to the official website of Sage. There on the top right, click on the option “Support’ which will directly lead to the Sage Support Central. Various available options through which you can get assistance for your Sage 50 software are:
- Sage 50 Helpline Number: This is the foremost option for any customer to get assistance for any product or computer application they are using. On the official website, you can find the option “Contact Sage,” after which, on the next page, you can find the desired contact number based on your location.
- Sage Knowledge Base: This is the official blog post of Sage Inc, where you can find the troubleshooting method for any error that you have encountered with your Sage Application. On the knowledge, just type the keyword related to the issue you are having, for which you can find the desired blog to troubleshoot that error.
- Sage City: This is the official community forum of Sage where user can discuss their query with other users, and many of the users can provide you with the desired solution. Here, you can also get information related to your product update and many others.
- Sage Customer Portal: This is for the registered Sage users when they can issue a ticket related to their query, to which the official technical expert can revert to them along with the desired solution.
Ending it Up
From the above discussion, we hope that now you can easily troubleshoot the Sage 50 payroll update error. Make sure you have updated your system to its latest version and that it matches the technical requirement for running Sage 50 software. Now if you need any assistance, contact sage support through the given number below. You can also use the live chat option through which you can connect with us instantly.
Frequently Asked Questions
Question 1.Why am I Receiving Sage 50 Payroll Update Error?
Answer. Plenty of reasons can be there due to which users receive Sage 50 Payroll Update Error. From system pending updates to data correction, any technical glitch in the system can trigger Payroll errors due to which users are either unable to download any available updates or install them in the system.
Question 2.How to manually Update Sage 50 Payroll?
Answer. User can either update their Sage 50 payroll from the application itself through the Help option on the home screen. There you can find the option “check for updates.” Click on it, and the application will automatically scan for pending update and download it.
Question 3.What is the benefit of using Sage 50 Payroll?
Answer. Sage 50 Payroll is a multi-functioning utility of the Sage application through which users can easily handle different data and records related to their employees. Through this utility, you can easily process payroll and generate related documents easily like salary slips and other related documents.