The error code 1628 in Sage 50 mainly appears due to failed installation of the software. This installation issue can lead to a System hang problem, and there can be numerous reasons that can terrify this problem in your System. To know more about it, you can simply follow this blog and find your Solution.
Need immediate help in resolving error code 1628 in Sage 50? If that is so, then dial+1(833) 561-0071 and grab instant assistance from the Sage experts.
Table of Contents
What are the Flaws that can Evoke Sage error code 1628?
Knowing the exact reason for the error can help you in resolving it immediately. Below we have mentioned a few of the most common reasons that can provoke error code 1628 in Sage 50.
- The damaged download can create an invalid or poor software setup.
- The presence of Malware or viruses can lead to damage in the installation process.
- The error might occur due to some other active software process going on in the background while installing Sage 50.
- Apart from that, another reason behind the error can be missing company files.
- It might be possible that you ended up with this error due to following an incorrect installation process. This will corrupt your Windows Registry as well.
- In case your device has antivirus software or a firewall present in your device, it can invite problems like the Sage 1628 error code.
What are the steps to Fix error code 1628 in Sage 50?
After understanding the reason behind the error, let’s move ahead and learn the ways a user can follow to eliminate the Sage 1628 error code.
1st Troubleshooting Step: Download and Install the Dotnet32 or dotnet64 in your System
If you are facing Sage installation error 1628, the first thing you need to do is the installation of Error Code 1628 in Sage 50.
- In the beginning, insert the installation CD (.NET file) into your CD Drive.
- Thereafter install the Dotnet File, and head to dotnet32 or dot net64 on your device using the CD.
- This setup file is known as install.exe
2nd Troubleshooting Step: Utilize the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility
If the first one doesn’t work for you, try resolving the problem by running the Microsoft Easy Fix Utility.
Instructions for Windows 7 Users:
- Initially, tap on the Windows Start button, and hit the Control Panel.
- Thereon, go ahead with the troubleshooting by following the on-screen procedure.
Instructions for Windows 8 and 8.1 Users:
- At first, hit on the Windows Start button and then select Settings.
- After choosing Setting, you have to follow the instructions present on your screen to complete the process.
Instructions for Windows 10 Users:
- To begin the process, hit the Windows Start Button, and tap on Settings.
- After that, select Update & Security button, and then move ahead for the troubleshooting.
- Choose the type of troubleshooting you want to follow, and then hit on Run.
3rd Troubleshooting Step: Uninstall using the Command Prompt
You can even Uninstall the Software using the Command Prompt. This will resolve the overall issue for you.
- Firstly, you have to open the Command prompt by pressing the Windows +R keys.
- Next, click on the command Regedit, and hit enter to launch the Window.
- Thereon, look for the Windows to open.
- Open the File and choose Export.
- Now, create a Backup of the file registry by checking the procedure present on your screen.
- Next, enter the link that we mentioned manually or just copy and paste it.
- Tap on Edit, and look for the Find Button.
- Move ahead to the Sage 50 button, and tap on Find.
- Now, to uninstall the program, look for it by following the above instruction, and once you find it, select Uninstall.
- Here you will find the Uninstall String in the right corner.
- Double-click on that string to copy it properly.
- Now, choose the CMD command.
- A new DOS window will appear on your screen; hit right-click on it, and then paste it.
- Thereon hit enter and follow all the on-screen information.
- Lastly, look if the problem is fixed now.
4th Troubleshooting Step: Repair the Windows Registry Entries
Repair all the Windows Registry Entries that are present in your System related to Sage 50 Error 1628.
- To initiate the process, Run an overall system scan to eliminate the Malware and Viruses present in your System.
- Next, remove all the Junk and Temporary Files using the Temp Directory.
- Now, undo all the modifications if you find them in the device.
- Moving ahead, uninstall Sage 50 software and re-install it again.
- Thereafter, run the Windows System File Checker, and look for any System Updates.
5th Troubleshooting Step: Do the Manual Update Through Advanced Computer User
Lastly, if none of the above procedures works in your favor, do the manual update.
- Firstly, Switch on your System, and log in as an Administrator.
- Hit the Start button, and choose the All Programs option.
- Next, head to the Accessories and tap on the System Restore option.
- In the new Window, move to Restore my Computer to an Earlier Time section.
- Select Next, and click on the most recent System restore point from the On this list, click a Restore Point button.
- Hit Next again, and head to the Confirmation Window.
- Post restoration, your System will be restarted.
Here we are concluding our blog. We hope this article helped you in fixing Error 1628 in Sage. In case you need any additional help, you can grab it by using our Sage Live chat Support option. Simply enter the required details and hit the submit button so that a live chat representative will join you to help you with the error. Apart from that, you can also write us an email at [email protected] and get the step-by-step procedure as a revert.
Frequently Asked Questions!
Question 1: How do I fix Sage error 1628?
Answer: A user can resolve the Sage error 1628 by doing a few important things:
Turn Off the Firewall.
Disable all the Antivirus software present in your System.
Clear the temp location. (%temp%)
Utilize the setup as an Admin.
Question 2: What is Sage error code 1628, failed to complete uninstallation?
Answer: Error 1628 in Sage occurs due to an installation problem. This error message comes on your screen when the uninstallation log file gets damaged.
Question 3: What are the reasons behind error 1628 in Sage?
Answer: There are different causes of Sage Error 1628, which are mentioned below:
• Presence of Antivirus or Firewall in the Device.
• Corruption in the downloading process may also lead to installation errors.
• If the Malware or virus creates damage in the installation process.
• In case some other software is running in the background, which is creating problems while installing the Sage Software.
Question 4: What is the Automated – Novice Computer User Solution?
Answer: It is one of the processes of fixing the Sage error 1628. To do it, you can check the details provided below:
• Firstly, download and install the Repair Utility in your System.
• Thereon, tap on the Scan button and hit the Fix Errors button once the scan is done.
• Lastly, reboot your System, and you are done.